"Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."

Monday, April 27, 2009

Easy Come, Easy Go

Since I made the decision to leave my job back in January, the household has been pretty conservative on expenses. But after a few good months of gains in the market and careful management of expenses I went a little crazy at the Friendly, Local Gaming Store this weekend.


Purchases included:
- Dragon Warriors
- D6 Adventures
- D6 Fantasy
- Savage Mars
- Sundered Skies
- Slipstream
- 50 Fathoms



The Dragon Warriors was an impulse buy. When I saw it in the store I remembered all of the good talk about it.

The D6 games were also a bit of an impulse. I have not read or played a dice pool type game except Burning Wheel. I have heard that Burning Wheel is somewhat similar to D6. Reading through Burning Wheel it definitely had some gameist aspects that scratch my itch in that regard. But it is waaaaay to rules heavy for me.

The Savage Worlds settings, particularly Slipstream, were the reason I went into the store in the first place. I have owned the SW Explorer's Edition for some time but just lately got around to reading it. It seems very interesting. I picked up the settings to get a better feel for Savage Worlds.

Lots of reading to do...

3 comments:

  1. I've not played Burning Wheel, but I have read it, and it doesn't seem much like the d6 system to me. From what I can tell, it's more like Shadowrun circa second edition. The d6 system is a lot less crunchy and complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think of Dragon Warriors when you get a chance to take a closer look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KG - Then D6 sounds like it would be more up my alley. Going from something like B/X to BW was a jump that I was not going to make.

    Blizack - Will do. I will post something here.

    ReplyDelete