"Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Northern Marches Table Map

Here are images of the players' Table Map and how it evolved during my old Northern Marches campaign.







7 comments:

  1. I did something similar a while back. I started the adventure off in a small town and then started adding to the world around the town as the party started exploring and I had adventures to add. It worked out really well.

    I like what you're did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this.

    I'm curious does that map match your DM map hex for hex? I was planning on not giving hex map to players. For various reasons including my mythic wilderness is "non-euclidean". But, I'm worried it will be too much of a pain in the ass for non-cartography majors to draw anything close to useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Norman
    It is reasonably close. The first map was what I provided at the very first session. It included what could discerned from the voyage to New Hareth and from standing on the city walls.

    I would guess that 90% of the hexes drawn after that are exact and the other 10% are just minor mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice progression.

    It reminds me of a class project/game we played in 6th Grade where each class was given 4 moves a week and you were trying to explore and find lost cities. The teachers would draw the map on this big wall-sized graph from a master map.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really awesome. I was planning something similar for my Mythic GME/Risus Sandbox game but I only mapped about 4 hexes before finding a dungeon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm okay with other approach, either hex-based or free-form. I like the free-form approach (for the players) but it makes sense for the DM to have a more accurate map!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.