In our 2E Rise of the Runelords campaign, we are using the deities from Paizo's Golarion and specialty priests instead of generic clerics. However, I am just making them up as required relying on the Complete Priest's Handbook (CPH) for the templates. The first specialty priest we needed was for Sarenrae as one of the beginning PCs was a priest of that deity. The goal isn't to come up with an exact mechanical conversion of the 3.5E version but instead a quick, workable 2E version with roughly the same flavour.
Goddess of the sun, redemption, honesty, and healing
Minimum Ability Scores: Wisdom 12 and Intelligence 12. Wisdom or Intelligence 16 or great is +5% XP, Wisdom and Intelligence 16 or great is +10% XP.
Races Allowed: Elves, gnomes, half-elves, halflings and humans.
Required Nonweapon Proficiencies: Healing
Recommended Nonweapon Proficiencies: Herbalism, Navigation, Reading/Writing, Religion, Spellcraft.
Weapons Permitted: Scimitar (Favoured), Bows (all), Crossbows, Dagger/Dirk, Dart, Javelin, Knife, Spear.
Required Weapon Proficiencies: Scimitar
Armour Permitted: All armours and all shields
Spheres: Major - All, Divination, Healing, Necromantic, Sun. Minor - Charm, Elemental (priests can only use spells with the words Fire, Flame, Heat or Pyrotechnics in the title), Plant, Protection.
- Detect Secret Doors as Elf.
- Infravision as Elf (if race has infravision then double range).
- Turn Undead
- Can cast Quest as a 4th level spell.
- 3rd Level: Flame Blade, the priest can use this spell once per day in addition to his other spells. At 6th level twice per day, 9th level three times per day, etc.
- 5th Level: Laying on of Hands as Paladin.
- 10th Level: Chariot of Sarenrae, same as Chariot of Sustarre. The priest can use this spell once per day in addition to his other spells.
New Spell: Shield of the Dawnflower (Elemental), 4th Level Priest Spell - As Fire Shield wizard spell.
For the most part this is the same as the the Sun Specialty Priest from the Complete Priest's Handbook. The major adjustments are:
1. allowing the scimitar,
2. Quest as a 4th level spell instead of 5th,
3. adding Flame Blade, and
4. removing the Prophesy ability.