Thoughts while I read page B4 - How to Create a Player Character:
- A nice clear and concise step-by-step guide to making a character.
- I always used blank sheets instead of a Dungeons & Dragons Character Record Sheet. I do not think I ever saw that product for sale in a store back in the day.
- "2. Roll 3d6 (for a result of 3-18) for each ability..." - it doesn't say anything about in order. I presume that someone could say prior to each roll which of the abilities that roll would be for.
- "4. ... Magic-users and elves should choose one spell..." - the first hint of my strict reading of how magic-user and elf spell books work.
- For years I modelled my character sheets after the one used for Borg the Fighter.
- Not too sure why they felt the need to include an even more condensed 7 step version.