"Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Section D: Draw the Map of the Dungeon (Citadel of the Amazons)


License: The dungeon map is adapted from a map by Tim Hartin licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License. You can find the original map at Paratime Design Cartography (http://paratime.ca/cartography).
My map is also available HERE as a pdf. [NOTE: I took the map down now that the entire level is posted]

I redrew and made alterations by hand as I am nearly Amish when it comes to computers. As an investment banker I could make Excel and Powerpoint dance but with anything else I am hopeless. The original map from Paratime is Textured Dungeon Map 035. If I knew how to make the changes on the computer instead of by hand I would have...oh well. You get what you get. The other problem that has arisen from my 6-year old knowing as much about computers as I do is that the pdf on the orbitfiles website is 7.5 megs. If anyone knows how I can make the pdf smaller on my Macbook Pro, please let me know.

Next up: We'll start stocking this thing. As this progresses, if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts please feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how you would make the PDF smaller on a Macbook Pro - without the full version of Acrobat. (If you have that, you can just use the PDF Optimizer tool to reduce the file size, as I did with this copy of the file.)

    You could also make sure that your file size isn't at an unnecessarily high resolution before bringing it into Word - 150dpi or so should be adequate. And if your PDF converter has file conversion settings that let you control the resolution and quality of the output, you can try adjusting those. (Again, 150dpi, with a high or medium JPG quality should be sufficient.)

    FWIW

    ReplyDelete