"Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who is this guy?

I am a former investment banker turned stay-at-home dad. I realized about a year and a half ago that I no longer enjoyed my job raising equity and doing mergers and acquisitions for oil and gas companies. Thankfully, due to some conservative financial management on my part I was able to leave my job at what may be the best possible time - just before 'investment banker' became a dirty word. Years of investment banking also explain why I can't write coherently in sentences longer than four words.

While I was in a job that I disliked, I rediscovered my love of fantasy roleplaying games. I hadn't played or followed D&D since I went to grad school about 10 years ago. Finding the newest editions to not be the games I loved in my earlier years, I fell back to the older editions, the retro-clones and other old-style games.

I am going to use this blog to talk about the games I enjoy, maybe to document my search for a group to play with, and/or maybe my thoughts as I design a campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment